The everyday operations of the Foundation are led by the CEO. The Foundation’s operations are steered by the Board, members of which represent a broad variety of science, society and business life.
The goals, schedules and budgets of all projects within marine culture and environmental projects are subject to approval by the Board. Moreover, the Board steers and monitors project progress and the financial status of the Foundation on a regular basis.
The board 2023
- the chairman Juha Nurminen (M.Sc., Maritime Counsellor)
- the vice-chair Tommi Juusela (LL.B., LL.M (Columbia University))
- Eeva Ahdekivi
- Jukka Anteroinen
- Juho Lipsanen
- Kaisa Olkkonen
- Markku Ollikainen
- Marja-Leena Rinkineva
- Hannu Syrjänen
The Foundation is supported by an Advisory Team composed of volunteer experts and representatives of stakeholders.
- Kaisa Olkkonen, John Nurminen Foundation’s Board, Chairman
- Johanna Buchert, LUKE
- Laura Höijer, BSAG
- Leif Schulman, SYKE
- Anja Nysten, NEFCO
- Päivi Nerg, MTK
- Liisa Rohweder, WWF
- Helena Tuuri, Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- Annamari Arrakoski-Engardt, John Nurminen Foundation
- Juha Nurminen, John Nurminen Foundation